NEWS & EVENTS
The Federal University of Petroleum Resources, Effurun (FUPRE), Delta State, has received a Special Presidential Interventionunder the Special Universities Revitalization Programme and it intends to apply these funds for the physical development of the university.
FUPRE is desirous of executing the Projects on contract basis and wishes to invite reputable contractors with good track record to bid for pre-qualification.
B. LOCATION OF PROJECT
The projects are located at the University’s permanent site at Ugbomro in Uvwie Local Government Area of Delta State.
C. SCOPE OF WORK – CONTRACTORS
LOT 1 – CONSTRUCTION OF COLLEGE COMPLEXES
LOT 2 - CONSTRUCTION OF STUDENT RESIDENTIAL COMPLEX
LOT 3 - CONSTRUCTION OF ADMINISTRATIVE BUILDING COMPLEX
LOT 4 - CONSTRUCTION OF SPORTING COMPLEX
LOT 5 - CONSTRUCTION OF LIBRARY COMPLEX
LOT 6 - CONSTRUCTION OF STAFF RESIDENTIAL COMPLEX
D. PRE-QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR CONTRACTORS
Interested Companies are to submit the following documents along with their letters of intent for the projects:
1. Certificate of Incorporation from Corporate Affairs Commission;
2. Current tax clearance certificate for the past three (3) years: 2011-2013
3. Audited company account with minimum annual turnover of N800 million in any of the last three (3) years: 2011-2013;
4. Bank reference letter indicating evidence of accessibility to credit facilities of not less than N500 million;
5. Comprehensive company profile showing organizational structure with names of key personnel involved in project implementation stating qualifications and professional registration where applicable (enclose photocopies of professional qualifications);
6. Evidence of experience as a prime contractor on at least one project of similar nature and complexity within the last three years (2011-2013) stating clients, cost with completion certificate and photographs attached;
7. Possess a substantial proportion of equipment required to successfully execute the contract;
8. Certified True Copy of Memorandum and Articles of Association duly endorsed by the Corporate Affairs Commission;
9. VAT Registration Certificate;
10. Consent to allow for verification of firm’s financial standing with the bankers;
11. Evidence of compliance with the provisions of the Pension Reform Act, 2004;
12. Evidence of compliance with the provisions of the Industrial Training Fund (Amendment) Act, 2011;
13. HSE Community Affairs and security policies detailing the company’s procedure for handling HSE, community affairs and security issues;
14. A sworn affidavit that none of the Directors has been convicted in any country;
15. Quality Assurance/Quality Control Manual;
16. Any other proven evidence/document that would confirm the skill/competence of individual contractor.
E. METHOD AND SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION
Interested Contractors are expected to submit Technical Pre-Qualification documents. Pre-qualification documents of five (5) sets comprising of one original and four photocopies each, and should be submitted in a sealed envelope, clearly marked “CONFIDENTIAL: Prequalification as Contractor (2014 Needs Assessment) LOT…..”
Name and mailing address of the Company which shall be clearly stated at the back of each envelope and Lot number on the top left hand side of the envelope.
Failure to comply with the above requirements will automatically result in disqualification.
All submissions are to be addressed to:
The Ag. Registrar,
Federal University of Petroleum Resources,
Effurun, Delta State
F. DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION
The pre-qualification documents should be submitted in the “Tenders Box” at the office of the Ag. Registrar not later than Monday, 19th May, 2014 at 12:00noon.
G. OPENING OF PRE-QUALIFICATION DOCUMENTS
The pre-qualification documents will be opened at 2:00pm on Monday, 19th May, 2014 and Tenderers are invited to attend the ceremony for the opening of the Lots at the University Auditorium.
Note that this advert also serves as invitation to any interested NGO and members of the general public who may wish to witness the opening exercise.
Response to this invitation shall not oblige the University to consider any responding Firm for qualification. All costs incurred as a result of response to this invitation and any subsequent requests for information shall be borne by the responding Firm.
Only pre-qualified Contractors would be invited for Financial Bidding.
Mr. A. Iniowuari