NEWS & EVENTS
The Federal University of Petroleum Resources, Effurun (FUPRE), Delta State, has received a Special Presidential Intervention under the Special Universities Revitalization Programme and it intends to apply these funds for the physical development of the university.
FUPRE is desirous of executing the Projects on contract basis and wishes to invite reputable consultants with good track record to bid for pre-qualification.
B. SCOPE OF WORK – CONSULTANTS
The scope of work includes preparation of detail/full drawings including all necessary tests, preparation of contract/tender documents and supervision. The Consultants are also expected to provide other services that will facilitate the execution of the enumerated building projects for the physical development of the university:
LOT 1 – CONSTRUCTION OF COLLEGE COMPLEXES
LOT 2 - CONSTRUCTION OF STUDENT RESIDENTIAL COMPLEX
LOT 3 - CONSTRUCTION OF ADMINISTRATIVE BUILDING COMPLEX
LOT 4 - CONSTRUCTION OF SPORTING COMPLEX
LOT 5 - CONSTRUCTION OF STAFF RESIDENTIAL COMPLEX
C. LOCATION OF PROJECT
The Projects are located at the University’s permanent site at Ugbomro in Uvwie Local Government Area of Delta State.
D. PRE-QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR CONSULTANTS
Interested Architects, Civil, Service Engineers, Quantity Surveyors or a Consortium of these consultants who wish to participate in the projects are required to submit their firm’s profile which must include but not limited to the following documents:
1. Certificate of Incorporation from Corporate Affairs Commission;
2. Evidence of qualification and registration with appropriate professional bodies;
3. Evidence of current renewal of practicing license of principal consultant;
4. Evidence of similar jobs done within the past three (3) years: 2011-2013;
5. Company profile and address/office location;
6. Audited accounts for the past three (3) years: 2011-2013;
7. Tax clearance certificate for the past three years: (2011-2013);
8. Evidence of VAT Certificate;
9. Curriculum vitae of the principal officers of the company;
10. Name and address of bankers and reference letter for such banks;
11. Evidence of compliance with the provisions of the Pension Reform Act, 2004;
12. Evidence of compliance with the provisions of the Industrial Training Fund (Amendment) Act 2011;
13. Any other information to prove the company’s corporate and technical experience and capabilities;
For additional information, please refer to “STANDARD REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL FOR THE SELECTION OF CONSULTING FIRMS (COMPLEX LUMP SUM) OF THE BUREAU OF PUBLIC PROCUREMENT DOCUMENT, FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA”.
The consultancy services will be executed with strict adherence to all contractual terms in the signed agreement by all parties. All invited consultants will be required to submit a Technical Proposal and a Financial Proposal.
E. METHOD AND SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION
Interested Consultants are expected to submit Technical Pre-Qualification documents. Pre-qualification documents of five (5) sets comprising of one original and four photocopies each and should be submitted in a sealed envelope, clearly marked “CONFIDENTIAL: Prequalification for Consultancy Services (2014 Needs Assessment) LOT…..”
Name and mailing address of the Company which shall be clearly stated at the back of each envelope and Lot number on the top left hand side of the envelope.
Failure to comply with the above requirements will automatically result in disqualification.
All submissions are to be addressed to:
The Ag. Registrar,
Federal University of Petroleum Resources,
Effurun, Delta State
F. DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION
The pre-qualification documents should be submitted in the “Tenders Box” at the office of the Ag. Registrar not later than Monday, 19th May, 2014 at 12:00noon.
G. OPENING OF PRE-QUALIFICATION DOCUMENTS
The pre-qualification documents will be opened at 2:00pm on Monday, 19th May, 2014 and Tenderers are invited to attend the ceremony for the opening of the Lots at the University Auditorium.
Note that this advert also serves as invitation to any interested NGO and members of the general public who may wish to witness the opening exercise.
Response to this invitation shall not oblige the University to consider any responding Firm for qualification. All costs incurred as a result of response to this invitation and any subsequent requests for information shall be borne by the responding Firm.
Only pre-qualified Consultants would be invited for Financial Proposals.
Mr. A. Iniowuari