The Offshore Pipeline Technology Training course is now introduced by the Center for Maritime and Offshore Studies of the Federal University of Petroleum Resources in Effurun. The goal of the course is to provide sufficient understanding of the offshore pipelines from the Front End Engineering Design of pipelines, through construction, installation, IRM (Inspection, Repair and Maintenance) and offshore pipeline facility management. The course is intended for graduates, pipeline industry managers and oil and gas workers with keen interests on offshore pipelines.
The training will be performed by experts from the pipeline industry. Less mathematics will be involved with more emphasis on practicalities and present concerns on pipelines, especially in Nigeria. Students will have a pipeline facility tour on the fourth (4th) day of the programme. The programme is coordinated at the University of the Petroleum Resources, Effurun in collaboration with Global Maritime Academy in Ughelli.
Generally, pipelines shall be discussed with more emphasis on offshore pipelines.
The course curriculum is broken down into the following subject areas:
• Overview of offshore pipelines across the globe with particular emphasis on offshore Nigeria.
• Pipeline route selection
• Pipeline material selection • Pipeline hydraulic design • Pipeline structural design
• Corrosion and cathodic protection of pipeline • Offshore pipeline construction and installation technologies
• Offshore pipeline commissioning and decommissioning
• Offshore pipeline failures, vandalism, theft and other present offshore pipeline challenges
• Offshore pipeline present technologies on inspection, maintenance and repairs
• Future of pipelines and related technologies
• Offshore pipeline facilities management
• Health, Safety, Environment and Security operation of pipelines.
The subject areas shall be thought in modules.
Duration of the course is 5 working days (Monday to Friday). The programme begins at first Monday of every month beginning from August 2017.
The prospective student is expected to have basic understanding of science and mathematics. Experience in the oil/gas and pipeline industries is an added advantage.
Duration: 1 week
Tuition: N65,000 (Sixty Five Thousand Naira)
Venue of the course: FUPRE Marine Engineering Department new block.